Summer! The treasured season will soon be upon us! Trips to the park, days at the beach, and barbecue parties in the backyard – we simply can’t wait! During hot summer days, it can be tough to know how to dress your little one. Linen, a material with natural temperature regulating properties, is a safe and preferred choice of many. Today, we want to shed some light on this material, and suggest a few of our favourite Linen pieces.
- Linen is an eco-friendly, durable fiber known for its longevity
- Your little one will enjoy Linen’s optimal soft texture only after a few washes
- Linen helps regulate your baby’s temperature during hot weather; highly absorbent, it dries out and becomes cool quickly so that your baby’s skin is continually touched by a cooling surface
- Linen is highly recommended for children as it is virtually non-allergenic, lint free, non-static, a natural insect-repellent and gives UV protection
- Linen is relatively easy to take care of; since it doesn’t really grab hold of dirt or stains, it washes easily and dries quickly
- Refrain from putting Linen in the dryer. This material is designed to be air-dried on a good clothes hanger and worn without the necessity of ironing
- You can feel good about using Linen. Above all, it is an organic textile made from the natural fibers of the flax plant. The farming of flax requires few fertilizers or pesticides, and virtually all of the plant is usable causing little or no waste in production. When decomposed, Linen leaves only the plant materials and molecules it was made of
Other Linen Favourites
That’s all from us today - back to our “to do” list we go! Father’s Day is fast approaching and we have a few surprises up our linen sleeves. Thanks for stopping by the blog today!